SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam: 2011
Directions: In questions no. 1 to 5, some of the sentences have errors and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error and blacken the rectangle [ ] corresponding to the appropriated letter (A, B, C). If a sentence is free from errors, blacken the rectangle corresponding to (D) in the Answer Sheet.
1. His son is working very hardly. No error.
2. Do you know that it was I who had done this piece of beautiful work? No error.
3. The company has ordered some new equipments. No error.
4. The future of food companies seems quite secure owed to ever-growing demand. No error.
5. The vaccine when hit the Indian market is dogged by controversy. No error.
Directions: In questions no. 6 to 10, sentences are given with blanks to the filled in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by blackening the appropriate rectangle [ ] in the Answer Sheet.
6. If you had followed the rules, you _______disqualified.
(A) will not be
(B) would not be
(C) will not have been
(D) would not have been
7. The housewife _______ the cakes burning, and ran to switch off the oven.
8. _______ and old legend, King Shirham lived in India.
(A) In the event of
(B) Due to
(C) According to
(D) In reference to
9. ______ you leave no, you will be late.
10. The _______ were arrested for illegally hunting the bears.