SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam Question Paper (Held
(Data Entry Operator & LDC Exam)
Subject: General Awareness
1. Cost of production of the producer is given by:
(a) sum of wages paid to labourers.
(b) sum of wages and interest paid on capital.
(c) sum of wages, interest, rent and supernormal profit.
(d) sum of wages, interest, rent and normal profit.
2. ‘Kesari’, the Newspaper was started by
(a) G.K. Gokhale
(b) B. G. Tilak
(c) Sardar Patel
(d) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
3. When was the Indian Constitution adopted?
(a) 15th August, 1947
(b) 26th November, 1949
(c) 26th January, 1950
(d) 2nd October, 1952
4. Which one of the following is the smallest endocrine gland
in human body ?
5. Double is a _______ data type.
(b) user defined
(c) system defined
6. Yellow spots on citrus leaves is due to the deficiency of:
7. Rangaswami Cup is associated with
8. The working of a rockets based on the principle of:
(a) Conservation of momentum
(b) Conservation of mass
(c) Conservation of energy
(d) Conservation of angular momentum
9. Which one of the following is a Wild Life Sanctuary ?
10. The river which is used for inland waterways in India is
11. The atmospheric layer closest to the earth is:
12. ‘Yellow Revolution’ is associated with the production of
(d) Oil seeds
13. Under the “Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension
Scheme”, the amount of pension for those above 80 years has been increased per
month from Rs. 200 to
14. The state which has recently overtaken Karnataka for the
top rank in the production of bio-fertilisers is
(a) Tamil Nadu
15. The upper house of the State Legislature in India is
(a) Legislative Council
(b) Legislative Assembly
(c) Executive Council
(d) Governor - in - Council
16. Maximum number of sugar factories are located in
(a) Uttar Pradesh
(b) Tamil Nadu
17. The All Women Expedition Team of the Indian Air Force
which scaled the Mount Everest some time back was headed by
(a) Sqn. Ldr. D. Panda
(b) Sqn. Ldr. Nirupama Pandey
(c) Flt. Lt. Nivedita Choudhary
(d) Flt. Lt. Rajika Sharma
18. While computing national income estimates, which of the
following is required to be observed?
(a) The value of exports to be added and the value of imports to be subtracted
(b) The value of exports to be subtracted and the value of imports to be added
(c) The value of both exports and imports to be added
(d) The value of both exports and imports to be subtracted
19. If the Prime Minister of India submits his resignation to
the President, it will mean the resignation of the
(a) Prime Minister only
(b) Prime Minister and the Cabinet Ministers
(c) Entire Council of Ministers
(d) Prime Minister, Cabinet Ministers and the Speaker
20. A fuse wire is made of:
(a) an alloy of tin and copper
(b) an alloy of tin and lead
(c) an alloy of tin and aluminium
(d) an alloy of nickel and chromium