SSC CGL (Tier - 1) Previous Year Solved Paper - 2010
Directions (1-8): In each of the following questions, select the related letters/word/number from the given alternatives.
1. ACEG : SUWY :: BDFH : ?
2. M/AC : N/AD :: O/AE : ?
3. 5 : 27 :: 9 : ?
4. 6 : 11 :: 11 : ?
5. ABE : 8 :: KLO : ?
6. Sty : Pig : : Byre : ?
7. Patrol : Security : : Insurance : ?
8. ADBC : EHFG :: ILJK : ?
Directions (9-14): In each of the following questions, select the one which is different from the other three responses.
(b) 144, 169
(c) 100, 121
15. Arrange the following words according to the dictionary ?
(a) 4, 2, 5, 3, 1
(b) 4, 5, 1, 3, 2
(c) 2, 5, 4, 1, 3
(d) 4, 1, 5, 3 2
16. Find the next two letters in the given series. B C E H L ? ?
17. Which one set of letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series shall complete it ?
a_ b_ a_ _n_bb_abbn
18. Find out a set of numbers amongst the four sets of numbers given in the alternatives, which is the most similar to the numbers given in the question. Given : (6, 30, 90)
(a) 6, 42, 86
(b) 7, 42, 218
(c) 6, 24, 70
(d) 8, 48, 192
19. Which one number is wrong in the given series?
126, 98, 70, 41, 14
20. Arrange the following in the meaningful/logical order
(b) 3,5, 1,4,2
(c) 3, 5, 1, 2, 4
(d) 3, 5, 2, 1, 4
Directions (21-24): In each of the following questions, a series is given with one term missing. Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
21. 3, 4, 7, 11, 18, 29,…?…
22. AGMSY, CIOUA, EKQWC,…?… IOUAG, KQWCI
23. 975, 864, 753, 642,…?…
24. 8, 24, 12,…?…18,54
25. Ashok’s mother was 3 times as old as Ashok 5 years ago. After 5 years she will be twice as old as Ashok. How old is Ashok today ?
(a) 10 years
(b) 15 years
(c) 20 years
(d) 25 years
26. M is the son of P. Q is the granddaughter of 0 who is the husband of P. How is M related to O?
27. In a row of boys, Srinath is 7th from the left and Venkat is 12th from the right. If they interchange their positions, Srinath becomes 22nd from the left. How many boys are there in the row ?
28. From the given alternative words, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word
Given : IMPASSIONABLE
29. Only one meaningful word can be formed by rearranging the letter of the given jumbled word. Find out that word.
Given : MUSPOPAPOTIH
30. Which number is wrong in the given series ?
1, 9, 25, 50, 81
31. A bus leaves Delhi with half the number of women as men. A Meerut, ten men get down and live women get in. Now there are equa number of men and women. Ho many passengers boarded the bus initially at Delhi ?
32. If the day before yesterday wa Sunday, what day will it be thre days after the day after tomorrow
Directions (33): In the following question, one statement is given followed by two assumptions I and II. You have to consider the statement to be true even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given assumptions, if any, follow from the given statement.
33. Statement: Politicians become rich by the votes of the people.
Assumptions: I. People vote to make politician rich.
II. Politicians become rich by their virtue.
(a) Only I is implicit
(b) Only II is implicit
(c) Both I and II are implicit
(d) Both I and II are not implicit
Directions (34): In the following question, two statements P and Q are given followed by four conclusions I II, III and IV. You have to consider the two statements to be true even if the seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide whit of the given conclusions, if any, folio the given statements.
P. All men are women.
Q. All women are crazy. Conclusions
I. All men are crazy.
II. All the crazy are men.
III. Some of the crazy are men.
IV. Some of the crazy are women
(a) None of the conclusions follow
(b) All the conclusions follow
(c) Only I, III and IV follow
(d) Only II and III follow
35. If HOSPITAL is written as 32574618 in a certain code, how would POSTAL be written in that code?
36. Find the missing number from the given responses.
173 (24) 526
431 (18) 325
253 (?) 471
37. After interchanging ÷ and +, 12 and 18, which one of the following equations becomes correct?
(a) (90 x 18) + 18 = 60
(b) (18 +6) ÷ 12 = 2
(c) (72 =18) x 18 = 72
(d) (12 + 6) x 18 = 36
38. If SPARK is coded as TQBSL, what will be the code for FLAME ?
39. Find out the correct answer for the unsolved equation on the basis of the given equations.
If 6*5 = 91
8 * 7 = 169
10*7 = 211
then 11 * 10 = ?
40. A child is looking for his father. He went 90 metres in the east before turning to his right. He went 20 metres before turning to his right again to look for his father at his uncle’s place 30 metres from this point. His father was not here. From here he went 100 metres to his north before meeting his father in a street. How far did the son meet his father from the starting point?
(a) 90 m
(b) 100 m
(c) 260 m
(d) 140 m
41. In the following question, A stands for any of the mathematical signs at different places, which are given as choices under each question. Select the choice with the correct sequence of signs which when substituted makes the question as a correct equation.
24 D 4 D 5 D 4
(a) × + =
(b) = × +
(c) + × =
(d) = + ×
42. What is the number missing from the third target?
5 9 15
16 29 ?
49 89 147
43. In a classroom, there are 5 rows, and 5 children A, B, C, D and E are seated one behind the other in 5 separate rows as follows: A is sitting behind C, but in front of B. C is sitting behind E. D is sitting in front of E. The order in which they are sitting from the first row to the last is
44. Little wooden cubes each with a side of one inch are put together to form a solid cube with a side of three inches. This big cube is then painted red all over on the outside. When the big cube is broken up into the original little ones, how any cubes will have paint on two sides ?
45. K is a place which is located 2 km away in the north-west direction from the capital P. R is another place that is located 2 km away in the south-west direction from K. M is another place and that is located 2 km away in the north-west direction from R. T is yet another place that is located 2 km away in the south-west direction from M. In which direction is T located in relation to P ?
46. Find out which of the diagrams given in the alternatives correctly represents the relationship stated in the question. Sharks, Whales, Turtles.
Directions (47): In this question, among the four answer figures, which figure can he formed from the cut-pieces given below in the question figure.
48. How many triangles are there in the following figure ?
49. From the given answer figures, select the one in which the question figure is hidden/embedded in the same direction.
50. Which answer figure is the exact mirror image of the given question figure when the mirror is held from the right at PQ ?